Good evening folks! I’m still getting myself together. Just scooted in the door. Give me just a couple minutes and I will be up and running.
AS ALWAYS YOU WILL HAVE TO REFRESH THIS PAGE DURING THE LIVE BLOG TO SEE WHAT I’VE ADDED.
HOLY MOLY I can tell just by the splash page without logging in that they have changed EVERYTHING. I’m a little floored right now.
It seems that you can now take the Wand Test, Sorting Test, and even Brew a potion without being logged into an account!
Oh nope, when you click it it prompts you to sign up. FAKE OUT!
The site is obviously having some slight difficulties as it just took me three attempts to get it to let me log in.
The look has been totally revamped. The map is pretty but on the whole it’s going to take some getting used to. Also I’m pretty sure this should be actually pointing at something and it is not:
Every moment is showing up as grey even ones I’ve already done. I’ve heard rumors that they’ve added things but tonight we are going to focus on the new chapters only. Now if only I can get to them without getting lost. *starts to scroll through the stream of moments at the bottom*
Right now I’m missing the gateway because I would already be where I wanted to be by now.
Oooops scrolled to far! While I’m doing this, thought I’d let you know that if you’ve ever wanted to learn to duel now is the time. Even the dueling heavy weights are in the process of re-learning how to duel. Get in while the getting is good.
Alright, where we left off: Gryffindor had just won the
house QUIDDITCH cup (in Prisoner of Azkaban) and Harry was about to go into his final exams for the Third Year.
Chapter 16: Professor Trelawney’s Prediction
Moment 1: Exam Time
- I hear birds! Moment is still loading but I definitely hear birds.
- OH We’re in Lupin’s final exam!
- I always thought this exam sounded fun.
- Famous last words I bet.
- Growing immediately to the right of the barrel full of water there is knotgrass (ingredient) to be picked.
- In the thumbnail image of the moment at the bottom there is now a status bar. It’s filled up a little since I picked the knotgrass.
- I’m also playing with whatever is in the water. It keeps surfacing and vanishing again.
- In the water slightly above and to the right of the barrel you can collect leeches (ingredient).
- Pottermore keeps popping up windows trying to help me with the new Story Navigator at the bottom. >.<
- Unless I can catch the thing in the barrel I think I better zoom in.
- I see a bunch of holes in the marsh. Let’s try to click em.
- RED CAPS!!!
- Is this like Whack a Mole. I want it to be like Whack a Mole.
- It’s not is it?
- Not finding anything to collect at this zoom level. And when I look the Red Caps grunt at me and brandish what seems to be bone clubs. EEP
- Zoomed in and picked up fluxweed (ingredient) from near the trunk in the distance.
- Oooh eery when I go to the left with my mouse I see a hinkypunk attempting to lead me off into the marsh.
- Better not follow him though.
- You can also hear faint thumping from the trunk when you scroll by it.
- I know I’m still missing something. THANK YOU STATUS BAR.
- Okay. Siriusly. Where is it?
- Alright I see the item I’m missing in the coding and yet can’t find it in the moment.
- GOT IT. Little buggers tried to hide from me.
- On the second zoom (with the red caps) it’s in a puddle above where they are. Horned Slugs (ingredient)
- It’s almost all the way to the right near some tall grass.
- But this didn’t complete my status bar. I might be at this all night >.<
- Zoomed all the way in and made another Hinkypunk come out of the marsh. I think I might need to find one more to fill my bar.
- WHERE ARE YOU THIRD HINKYPUNK???
- Found it in the straw colored bush to the right. (Thanks tahrin in the comments)
Moment 2: The Committee
- This one certainly is pretty.
- I’ve already filled part of the bar by making Buckbeak wiggle his ears. WEIRD.
- Let’s just start with that very visible card lying in the grass in front of Hagrid’s House. It’s the Tilly Toke chocolate frog card.
- Some of you might have seen these floating around early.
- You can also grab the aubergine flavoured bean (object) in the shadows to the right of the cabin.
- Zooming in but as I do so I would like to note the fabulous shade of green that is Fudge’s bowler hat.
- The old committee member’s cough doesn’t sound to good.
- And the gleam on Macnair’s axe is a little ominous.
- There are always potion ingredients around Hagrid’s. Just grabbed some valerian sprigs from the path in front of Dumbledore.
- And some dried nettles from in front of his crossbow. There are almost always dried nettles at Hagrid’s.
- I’ve got a drippy barrel and a rattling front door. Think it’s time to zoom again.
- Oh wait, it zoomed back out and my bar is full.
Chapter 17: Cat, Rat, and Dog
Moment 1: The Shadow of the Whomping Willow
- Really excited now. The end of this book was my favorite. Yay!
- This moment is very dark. I can barely make out Harry and Hermione on the ground.
- Then again it was probably this dark for them.
- So we will call that realism.
- Found a leaping toadstool (ingredient) growing in the right section of the roots.
- Also picked some asphodel (ingredient) more near the center of the roots.
- The flower on the asphodel is very pretty.
- Went to zoom and nothing happened. Uhhhhhh
- Found more fluxweed (ingredient) in a very dark part of the roots. Start at Hermione’s head and move your mouse up to find it. Very tricky.
- Thanks to Pisces in the comments I now know Harry’s wand should light up. Didn’t work until I refreshed.
- Now not only can I see, but the tree’s branches are going nutso.
- I can see Ron’s legs coming from the hole in the tree. Please please please tell me the last little section of bar isn’t going to require me to watch his leg break?
- Nope, ran my mouse over the ground between Ron and Hermione. The invisibility cloak briefly appeared and now my bar is FULL.
- Haha, the status bar is growing on me. I might have to do everything over from the beginning.
- Maybe I will do a couple chapters a week on Sundays. What do you guys think?
Moment 2: The Man In The Shadows
- Don’t mind me. Just hanging in the shrieking shack. Like you do.
- The audiobook scared me more than when the door slammed to reveal Sirius standing behind it.
- I literally jumped.
- Clicked on Sirius to unlock Secret Keeper new info from JKR! *dashes off to read it*
- They enchanted the web page so I can’t copy and paste. They’ve gotten clever. This is good stuff. Knew most of it, but not all.
- Aww man, he’s reading to me again. LOL. I only left for a second Jim Dale. I’m good on the audiobook for now.
- Ran my mouse over the wall to the left of the door and plaster and stuff fell off.
- Ewwww underneath I collected some woodlice (ingredient).
- Where’s a girl gonna store some live woodlice. My trunk is partially made of wood!
- Don’t eat my trunk!
- There are two sections of plaster to the left of the door to collapse.
- And after you collapse them both you will find black beetle eyes (ingredient) in the rubble on the floor.
- On the right wall there is something that looks like grapes, but it’s really mushrooms growing from the wall.
- On second thought I don’t want to chill in the shrieking shack. Too much gross stuff. Blech.
- Ran my mouse over the bed hangings and a bunch of dust flew out.
- There’s no zoom here so I’m still missing something according to my status bar.
- Candles flicker when you roll past but that’s not it.
- Found it, going right to the peak of where the bed curtains seperate a little spider falls down and then swings back up.
- Only JUST realized it’s making a little tinkling noise every time I finish a moment 100%.
- Getting more and more like a real video game isn’t it?
Chapter 18: Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs
Moment 1: Lupin’s Tale
- OMG animal marauders!
- I want to snuggle them.
- Wait, I’m a Slytherin.
- I want to nobly pat one on the head in a not girly sort of way.
- Little sad to see the bar is half full just from listening to the quote.
- Aww they move a little.
- I just made Padfoot sniff and wiggle his ears. Back to wanting to snuggle him.
- Looking for wormtail. Bet he’s in the grass lurking.
- YUP there he is in the grass next to Padfoot.
- And the bar is full that fast.
- It was still a great moment on the beauty scale. Should have put some JKR info here or something.
- Especially since this one moment is actually the whole chapter.
Chapter 19: The Servant of Lord Voldemort
Moment 1: Peter’s Transformation
- Oh god the squealing here is hurting my head.
- They’ve got Scabbers hovering in a spell and he is flipping out.
- Getting a better look at the sheer amount of hair Sirius has going on right now. I kinda like it.
- Took me a minute to figure out how to make the squealing stop. Double click to force Scabbers to reveal his true identity.
- At least he’s quieter in this form. Even if technically he is still a RAT.
- There’s more plaster to knock down on either side of Pettigrew.
- Behind the left patch above Lupin’s arm you will find bat wings (ingredient).
- After you knock down the patch to the right of Pettigrew you can pick up scarab beetle bodies (ingredient) from the pile of stuff on the floor.
- My bar isn’t full and I’m poking the walls trying to knock down more plaster. LMAO.
- FOUND EM, collected spider legs (ingredient) from along the wall between Lupin and Pettigrew. This one was hard to find even after someone told me where to look.
- I didn’t have to knock down any plaster to get them either.
Chapter 20: The Dementor’s Kiss
Moment 1: Full Moon
- Oh dear, we’ve jumped right into where Sirius as a dog is fighting Lupin as a werewolf.
- The snarling is intense. My cat’s are looking around me concerned.
- Picked up some dittany from the ground between the fighting animals. That could come in handy next book.
- *wink wink, nudge nudge*
- Clicked on Lupin to unlock Werewolves new info from JKR.
- This one’s a bit longer than the first reading. Might take me a second to read it. Pretty excited though.
- I would like to sincerely apologize if you are having problems posting comments. Apparently it’s acting strange. If you have a question while live you can tweet me @elmblade45 or hit me up on Facebook http://facebook.com/elmblade43
- Seriously going to read this now.
- This reading is excellent!
- Finally an answer as to why most werewolves are former wizards/witches.
- OOh the info about werewolf mating is very fascinating. If I still wrote fanfic I might use some of it.
- Played with the shackles on the ground and now I’m zooming in.
- Scrolled near their mouths and they both snarled and drooled a bit. Kinda scary.
- Don’t want to meet a werewolf in the dark. For sure.
- At the foot of the trees to the left you can collect monkshood (ingredient).
- Another gorgeous plant to pick. Wish I could have some for real. I wonder what it smells like.
- Only a little bit of bar left to fill now.
- There it is, on the right under the werewolve’s tail you can pick up some wormwood (ingredient).
- And there’s the little chime telling me my progress bar is full for this moment.
- Never again will I wonder if I’ve gotten everything in a moment. Yay!
Moment 2: The Lake Shore
- Ack, dementors. I can hear their rattling breath. *shivers*
- There are so many of them! And I think Hermione is already down for the count!
- Zoomed in once and now I can see the water of the lake splashing to the shore.
- All the while the dementors breathing is driving me mad!
- At the edge of the water I picked up some spines of lionfish (ingredient).
- Gotta love free USABLE ingredients.
- I’m not sensing any new potions on the horizon. So many ingredients that have no potions to be used in!
- Out in the water I clicked what I thought was a reddish plant but turned out to be tubeworms (ingredient).
- Ran my mouse along the shore line and to the left of Harry found a pebble.
- Hahaha, the description just says “useful as a paperweight”.
- Thank you Pottermore for THAT.
- Looks like my paperweight filled up my progress bar.
- I like the progress bar. I’m still not sold on the overall layout of the site. But I think I can get used to it.
- I just have to let go of two years of using it the other way.
Chapter 21: Hermione’s Secret
Moment 1: Time Turner
- Yes. THE CHAPTER I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
- Let me bore you a minute with some reminiscence.
- I read Prisoner of Azkaban in a day. I started in the morning and read all the way until the sun rose the next day. As the sun rose the next day, I arrived at this very chapter and was incapable of putting it down until I finished.
- It was just THAT good.
- Now I’ll load the moment.
- For some reason Stargate just popped into my head.
- It’s bright and swirling light and Hermione and Harry are right in the middle of it.
- You can see the chain of the time turner connecting them!
- I am gonna double click to let the time turning commence.
- And we’re in the entrance hall.
- THE HOUR GLASSES!
- OMG, I love them. The beads are going up and down. >.<
- Only thing that would make them better is if they matched the Great Hall standings on the site.
- Now that I’ve said that I realize they probably match what is true to the books.
- Must respect that of course.
- By the way I clicked where the link to the Great Hall USED to be on the top of the site.
- It’s not there anymore. I’m never going to remember that.
- At the foot of the Slytherin hour glass you will find five galleons.
- Those are the only galleons in this set of chapters I think. Some times I’m getting rich sometimes no.
- By the way I left those galleons there for you all. You’re welcome.
- At the foot of the Ravenclaw hourglass you will find the infamous Montrose’ Magpies badge.
- Infamous for the fact that it appeared in a previous book, but glitched and was only collected by a few. And then later was given as a prize to Slytherin for winning the Pottermore House Cup.
- I have the intense urge to begin hoarding them.
- I’m starting to think the standings on the house cups in this moment is actually random.
- ON the Gryffindor hour glass between the lions feet you will find a Bertie Bott’s Cheese-Flavoured bean.
- I don’t think Hufflepuff left anything for us to collect at the foot of theirs.
- And now I’m clicking on the time turner dangling between Harry and Hermione’s heads to unlock Time-Turner new info from JKR!
- I forgot they do Spoiler Alerts now. Off to read it.
- Hahaha, Under the Spoiler Alert pop up it just says “stuff” as the description. LMAO.
- “Tuesday following her reappearance lasted two and a half full days, whereas Thursday shot by in the space of four hours.”
- I love JKR’s sense of humor. She’s so clever. Reading this you can feel her running through the words.
- And she talked about in her thoughts why she later destroyed them all.
- This kind of stuff is what Pottermore was made for. I’m loving it.
Moment 2: Buckbeak’s Rescue
- Wait haven’t we been here before?
- On the fence to the right of the cabin you can collect unicorn tail hair (ingredient). Could have gotten snagged on the fence. Or perhaps Hagrid simply put it there.
- This time we zoom towards Hagrid’s back yard instead of his front.
- I’m really quite pleased with the cleverness here. To return me to the moment in a different way.
- Perfect for this time travel chapter.
- There’s a blue bottle of billywig stings (ingredient) on the ground between fence spokes.
- Another common Hagrid’s hut find.
- To the right of that on the ground there is a galleon to collect.
- Rustled some birds out of the tree by running my mouse over them.
- Then I pet Buckbeak and he moved a bit.
- Progress bar is showing I’m missing something big…
- Ran my mouse past the trio going left and when I hit the forest, for just a moment, I could see Harry and Hermione from the future peering around trees in the woods.
- A beautiful touch. This moment was truly well done.
- Ahahaha. I can make them come out and then hide again.
- Sit still or someone will see you guys!!!!
Moment 3: Prongs
- Patronus prongs is truly gorgeous.
- When I run my mouse past he glows a bit brighter. And again I can make waves come to shore.
- In the small waves you can collect a murtlap tentacle (object).
- Another thing that might come in handy in the future.
- Upon zooming you can see the Dementors closing in on Hermione, Harry, and Sirius on the opposite bank.
- But Patronus Prongs is coming to drive them off!
- Now you can click on Prongs to unlock Patronus Charm new info from JKR.
- I’m actually going to save this one to read later. Time is ticking and it’s just past my bedtime.
- Plus they destroyed all the time-turners so I can’t use one to get more sleep time.
- Wish I could though.
- Hahaha, on the opposite shore you can repick the same tubeworms (ingredient) you picked when you were at the lake earlier in theday.
- Another fun time travel jab. Love it.
- And then in the distant shore to the left you can pick up slimy seaweed.
- I’ve always wished we had an extra source of seaweed.
Moment 4: Sirius and Buckbeak Escape
- I’m glad they did this chapter justice by giving it all these moments. As I said earlier this chapter hooked me BAD.
- The last time we were on this roof we were smuggling Norbert the dragon out of the castle.
- Today we are watching Sirius fly off on Buckbeak.
- The artwork is gorgeous.
- Buckbeak flaps his wings when you get near him with the mouse.
- Behind Harry and Hermione there is a galleon on the ground.
- On top of a box in the same area you can pick up an owl treat.
- Which to me looks similar to treats I’ve given my cat in the past.
- Zoomed in and picked up the Hesper Starkey chocolate frog card. It’s leaning on the battlements below Buckbeak’s back hooves.
- Completed the moment by zooming back out and playing with the owls in the top windows of the tower.
- On to the FINAL CHAPTER.
Chapter 22: Owl Post Again
Moment 1: Professor Lupin’s OFfice
- As a Slytherin I would like to say I LOVE Dumbledore’s robes in this moment.
- I want them. Where can I buy some?
- Lupin is leaving and I would be sad but I see a bunch of stuff to pick up.
- And since he’s leaving it behind I feel its fair gain. Right?
- In the glass doored cupboard I grabbed an empty ink pot (object).
- Above that there’s a chocolate bar (object) to be enjoyed in moderation.
- Again with that?
- I refuse to moderate my chocolate.
- You can’t make me JKR!
- Zoomed in and found a hair roller (object) behind the door.
- It has blond hair on it, surely it was Lockhart’s. *snickers*
- Yet another clever touch.
- I can rattle the door, knock a candle off the sconce on the wall, and roll and unroll scrolls on the shelf.
- Let’s just wreck everything left behind shall we?
- Wait who’s homework scrolls are these just lying discarded on the shelf?
- Waste of time that could have been spent playing gobstones or something.
- I’m digressing.
- Picked up an old quill (object) off the bottom shelf.
- We now have both the fanciest quill and the least fanciest quill as collectible items. Both collected from DADA teachers in this very office.
- Coincidence? I think not!
- At last, I will click on the departing professor to unlock Remus Lupin info from JKR!
- Or not….
- “In order to read this exclusive content you will need to discover it in the following moment: Professor Lupin’s Office”
- And it gives me a link back to the moment.
- Ruh roh.
- It’s glitched on me. Because the quill has shown back up, but I can’t collect it it just goes back to the shelf.
- The progress bar shows 100% but the info is clearly still locked in the right panel of the menu.
- Maybe logging off and back on will help.
- Phew, got the purple unavailable screen, but now I’m logged back in.
- My progress bar has gone down, but lets see if I can really pick up the quill and unlock the info now.
- GOT IT. Another Spoiler Warning with the description “stuff” and I’m off to read the Lupin info.
- It’s LOOOONG. This might take a minute.
- Greyback is a monster!
- This is the longest bit of unlockable info to date and is really a full biography on Remus Lupin.
- To hear about his childhood and his parents has given him new depth.
- His life was never easy after the age of 5…
- And hearing about him and Tonks. I’m getting a little misty eyed.
- Alright, now I’ve read it all misty eyed is an understatement.
- Poor Lupin. And now I hate Greyback and Dolohov quite a bit more than I did before.
Moment 2: Back to London
- The final moment of the third book has arrived.
- It took me so long to read the Lupin info Pottermore logged me off.
- And now I’m on the Hogwarts’ Express returning to London. Wish it was going the other way.
- Double-clicked to actually enter the compartment.
- There’s a lot going on here. Ron is holding out Pigwidgeon. He moves and hoots when you roll over him.
- He’s very cute.
- There’s an exploding snap pack on the table that has a small explosion when you roll over it.
- Behind this there are exploding bon bons (object) to collect.
- This is a very volatile collection to be on one table. Could blow at any moment.
- There’s a pumpkin pasty on the bench in front of Hedwig’s cage.
- Rolling my mouse around I can open and close the outside window also.
- I can also click to read the letter from Sirius which is in Hermione’s hand!
- I think this handwriting on this note is too neat. LOL.
- You can also read the permission note from Sirius, it’s on the table tucked under the envelope.
- The gobstone (object) that is rolling around on the table is also collectible.
- It’s also slightly hard to catch.
- My progress bar is still not full…
- AH, there it is. There is a galleon in the luggage rack above Crookshanks.
Pottermore is doing exactly what we all wanted it to do: it is evolving. I am sorry I have not had time to be around more. Work has gotten quite heavy and is taking a toll on the free time I have for things like this. I am seriously considering a weekly blog through starting at the beginning and going through what I am calling Pottermore 2.0. Perhaps going through a handful of chapters every Sunday and getting the progress bars on each to maximum and blogging along the way. That is if enough people are interested in reading that.
Thanks for coming along with me tonight those of you who did. I know it is later in the evening than usual. Heck it’s almost midnight here! If you weren’t here live, thanks for reading it anyway. I don’t think I was as funny as usual. I blame tiredness. G’night!